Admissions Coordinator - Hospital Onsite - Full-Time, Evening Shift
Posted on: September 12, 2023
Job Family:Admitting RepresentativeTravel Required:NoneClearance
Required:None The Admissions Coordinator is r esponsible for
obtaining and verifying demographic information, insurance benefits
and eligibility. Assigns the correct medical record and account
number; therefore, providing a database which ensures accurate
billing and clinical information. This position p erforms any and
all job-related duties as assigned. This position is located at the
Bessemer Emergency Dept and is a full time, evening shift with a
schedule of 2:30pm - 11:00pm x 4 days a week and same schedule
every other weekend. What You Will Do:
- Ensure accurate data element.
- Customer service excellence
- Responsible for obtaining complete and accurate demographic and
financial information from a variety of sources, including patient
interviews physician offices and in-house departments.
- Obtains required signatures on legal consents and insurance
- Performs required pre-certification, credit referral or deposit
collection. Enters data in computer and thoroughly documents any
incomplete admissions/registrations in manner prescribed. Obtains
pre-certification, referral or authorization number and updates
- Notifies patients, family members, physicians and/or
supervisors of insurance coverage issues, notifies patients of
co-payments, deductibles or deposits needed, documenting all
information in computer system.
- Reviews Physician's orders for completion and ensures all
required information is listed.
- Completes Medicare Compliance and obtains ABN if
- Knowledge of all Federal, State and Local Laws pertaining to
insurance rules and regulations.
- Maintains multiple computer systems.
- Maintains positive customer service at all times, referring
unresolved issues to appropriate supervisor.
- Answers telephone calls. Follows pre-established script and
provide assistance to callers.
- Completes all shift duties in a timely and accurate
- Complies with all safety regulations, policies and procedures
as defined by customer. What You Will Need:
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- 1 year experience in a hospital setting, medical office, or a
high-volume customer service environment. What Would Be Nice To
- Ability to type a minimum of 35 WPM.
- Familiarity with medical terminology What We Offer:Guidehouse
offers a comprehensive, total rewards package that includes
competitive compensation and a flexible benefits package that
reflects our commitment to creating a diverse and supportive
- Medical, Rx, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Personal and Family Sick Time & Company Paid Holidays
- Position may be eligible for a discretionary variable incentive
- Parental Leave
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Basic Life & Supplemental Life
- Health Savings Account, Dental/Vision & Dependent Care Flexible
- Short-Term & Long-Term Disability
- Tuition Reimbursement, Personal Development & Learning
- Skills Development & Certifications
- Employee Referral Program
- Corporate Sponsored Events & Community Outreach
- Emergency Back-Up Childcare ProgramAbout GuidehouseGuidehouse
is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry,
citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status,
religion, creed, physical or mental disability, medical condition,
marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or
expression, age, genetic information, or any other basis protected
by law, ordinance, or regulation.Guidehouse will consider for
employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner
consistent with the requirements of applicable law or ordinance
including the Fair Chance Ordinance of Los Angeles and San
Francisco.If you have visited our website for information about
employment opportunities, or to apply for a position, and you
require an accommodation, please contact Guidehouse Recruiting at
1- or via email at (see below) . All information you provide will
be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required
to provide needed reasonable accommodation. Guidehouse does not
accept unsolicited resumes through or from search firms or staffing
agencies. All unsolicited resumes will be considered the property
of Guidehouse and Guidehouse will not be obligated to pay a
Keywords: Guidehouse, Hoover , Admissions Coordinator - Hospital Onsite - Full-Time, Evening Shift, Healthcare , Bessemer, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!