ADY Sr. CNC Machinist
Company: Alabama Dynamics Company
Posted on: May 15, 2022
Founded in 1974, Alabama Dynamics is a mid-to-large size
fabrication, machining, and paint shop located in Calera, Alabama.
We specialize in building custom equipment and parts for the steel,
oil, mining, minerals processing, pyro processing, and waterworks
industries. Our facility has a working area of 63,000 square feet
under craneway, with 10,500 additional square feet of indoor
storage. Maximum weight handled is 50 tons, and maximum size
handled is 15' wide by 60' length. We pride ourselves on delivering
quality products and service with every project we complete.
Responsibilities Position ADY Sr. CNC Machinist Location Calera, AL
Reports to General Manager Description Alabama Dynamics Company in
Calera Alabama is seeking two (2) experienced CNC Machinist to join
our Job Shop Fabrication and Machining operation at Alabama
Dynamics In Calera Alabama. This role will be responsible for
setting up large parts, G code programming, machining and working
with our systems to produce Quality parts. Our Shop is primarily a
cast iron (white, grey and ductile), steel and stainless alloy
shop. We have a variety of horizontal and vertical boring bars, a
gantry and lathes. This is a fulltime position with benefits. Have
you seen it done and want to take all that you have learnt and
create the best system possible? Are you prepared to work through
changing "the way we have always done it", and work with a
manufacturing engineers to optimize tooling, our tooling room,
creating setups and setup sheets? Can you look at the big picture
and work through the development phases. Are you a team player who
wants to take everybody with you to make Alabama Dynamics the best
it can be? Are you going to be able to earn the respect of
long-term very experienced employees? Are you good at working in a
high paced changing environment? Then let's talk! Scope of
- First responsibility - Ensuring personal safety and the safety
of your team members.
- Assists supervisors and managers in maintaining a safe and
healthy work environment.
- Wears appropriate PPE which may include fall protection,
respiratory protection, hearing protection, foot, hand, head and
- Uses proper lifting and ergo techniques.
- Blueprint reading, understanding symbols and interpreting
- Setting up either castings or fabrications
- Creating and modifying G-Code and operation of CNC equipment
and manual machines
- CAM programming preferred
- CNC Machining of complex and high precision parts in metal and
- Part quality and inspection
- Maintaining shop equipment
- Maintaining safe clean working environment
- Maintaining stock materials and supplies to perform day-to-day
- Demonstrate quality craftsmanship, with a desire to produce the
best quality components possible
- Demonstrate a keen sense of continuous improvement to produce
things quicker and better quality
- Responsible for cleanliness of the assigned machine and
immediate area while he/she is working on that machine.
- Responsible for fluid level maintenance of the assigned machine
while he/she is working on that machine.
- Follow all company policies with special regard to safety,
quality control, regulatory, and materials handling. Work
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
regularly required to stand, walk, and use hands to finger, handle
or feel objects, tools, or controls.
- The employee frequently is required to talk and hear and
occasionally required to reach with hands and arms and stoop,
kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently
lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move
up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to
adjust focus. Qualifications
- Minimum seven (7) years of experience running 3-axis milling
equipment and or lathes.
- Experience with CNC programming (Fanuc (primary), Fagor and
- Experience machining fabrications and castings.
- Experience in Job Shop or rapid prototyping environment.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds.
- Must be able to stand on your feet for eight to ten hours.
- Complete a full inspection of part features being programmed.
- Experience in CAM software (SolidCam)
- Experience in CAD software (Solid Works) and fixture design.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or
contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or
responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job.
Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time
with or without notice. McWane is a Federal VEVRAA contractor, and
an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing equal
employment opportunity in all employment practices. McWane will not
discriminate against any applicant for employment because of their
race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual
orientation, disability, veteran or service member status, marital
status, citizenship status (In IL - sex, including same sex,
ancestry, order of protection status, physical or mental
disability, military status, pregnancy, unfavorable discharge
status, genetic information), (In IA - gender identity), (In CA -
gender identity or expression, and genetic information) or any
other category protected by federal, state or local law.
LIMITATIONS AND DISCLAIMER The above job description is meant to
describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it
is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all
responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position.
Employees will be required to follow any other job-related
instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by
their supervisor in compliance with Federal and State Laws.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge,
skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the
employee must possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each
duty proficiently. McWane Plant & Industrial is an EEO/AA employer
M/F/D/V. It is the Company's policy to provide equal opportunity
for all qualified persons and to prohibit discrimination on the
basis of race, color, sex, national origin, religion, age,
disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity,
citizenship status, or any other legally protected status. We
maintain a drug-free workplace and reserve the right to perform
substance abuse testing as needed. PI173018158
Keywords: Alabama Dynamics Company, Hoover , ADY Sr. CNC Machinist, Other , Calera, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!